Effective date: 12th of November 2023
This policy applies only in our domain vitamina3d.com.
1. What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are used to store small pieces of information. They are stored on your device when the website is loaded on your browser. These cookies help us make the website function properly, make it more secure, provide a better user experience, and understand how the website performs and to analyze what works and where it needs improvement.
Cookies do not store personal data most of the time. The website can consult the cookies stored in your browser to identify the browser and associate it with a user, but never identify a person.
Cookies are neither a virus nor Trojans nor warms nor spam nor spyware. They cannot open pop-up windows, either.
Depending on the type of cookie, they are used for different purposes: remember access data (email and password) so the user does not have to introduce them in each webpage, remember the articles put in the cart or analyze the user’s navigation habits in order to customize the website content or track the user for statistical analysis.
2. What type of cookies exist?
Cookies can be classified according to 3 criteria: their purpose, their provenance or the time they remain active. Here we explain the different types of cookies the user can find on the internet, but they are not necessarily all the types of cookies we use in our domain.
Cookies according to their purposes
We can find:
- Technical cookies. They can be necessary for the correct functioning of the website or just functional to optimize its performance:
- Strictly necessary. These cookies are essential for you to browse the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the site or allow web shops to hold items in the cart while shopping online. While it is not required to obtain consent for these cookies, what they do and why they are necessary should be explained to the user.
- Preferences and functional. These cookies allow a website to remember choices you have made in the past, like what language you prefer or what your username and password are, so you can automatically log in. Others enable certain functionalities, such as embedded content from other sites, like YouTube videos.
- Analytics or statistics. These cookies collect information about the use of a website, like the number of users or what pages were visited. None of this information can be used to identify the user. Their only purpose is to improve website functions. This may include third-party cookies from analytics services.
- Advertising or marketing cookies. These cookies track the user’s online activity to help advertisers deliver more relevant advertisements, so they can share that information with other organizations or advertisers. These are persistent cookies and almost always of third-party provenance.
Cookies according to their provenance
- First-party cookies. Managed by the website which is being visited. This normally includes the technical cookies and the analytics.
- Third-party cookies. Enabled by other domains which are not being visited. These might appear when adding a plug-in such as a chatbot, social networks plug-ins or advertisements. Others might be for statistical analysis.
According to their duration
- Session. These cookies are temporary and expire once the browser is closed (or the session ends).
- Persistent. All cookies that remain on the browser until they are erased either by the user or by the browser when the due date arrives. Their duration vary, from 1 second to 10 year. There are some that last even more.
As most of the online services, vitamina3d.com uses first-party and third-party cookies for several purposes. First-party cookies are mostly necessary for the website to function the right way, and they do not collect any of your personally identifiable data.
The third-party cookies used on our website are mainly for understanding how the website performs, how you interact with our website, keeping our services secure, and all in all providing you with a better and improved user experience and help speed up your future interactions with our website.
4. What types of cookies do we use?
The cookies used in vitamina3d.com are:
- Essential: Some cookies are essential for you to be able to experience the full functionality of our site. They allow us to maintain user sessions and prevent any security threats. They do not collect or store any personal information. For example, these cookies allow you to log in to your account and add products to your basket, and checkout securely.
- Statistics: These cookies store information like the number of visitors to the website, the number of unique visitors, which pages of the website have been visited, the source of the visit, etc. These data help us understand and analyze how well the website performs and where it needs improvement.
- Functional: These are the cookies that help certain non-essential functionalities on our website. These functionalities include embedding content like videos or sharing content of the website on social media platforms.
- Preferences: These cookies help us store your settings and browsing preferences like language preferences so that you have a better and efficient experience on future visits to the website.
The following table gathers all the cookies used in vitamina3d.com and their specifications. This content may not be exact at any time, as the cookies change as we add functionalities to our web. In any case, we update this table periodically to make it accurate.
5. Cookies settings
The user can modify the cookies settings at any time, choosing to block them all or just some of them. For that, the user can make the banner appear here.
It is also possible to do it from the settings of your browser. You can check out how to do it in some of them here:
6. Additional information
Furthermore, we cannot be responsible for the correct functioning of the browsers in which the cookies are stored and handled.