This Cookies Policy explains what cookies are and how we use them, the types of cookies we use, for example, the information we collect using cookies and how that information is used, and how to control the cookies preferences.
You can change or withdraw your consent at any time from the Cookies settings.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are used to store small pieces of information. They are stored on your device when the website is loaded on your browser. These cookies help us make the website function properly, make it more secure, provide better user experience, and understand how the website performs and to analyse what works and where it needs improvement.
Cookies do not store personal data most of the times. The website can consult the cookies stored in your browser to identify the browser and associate it with a user but never identify a person.
Cookies are neither a virus, nor Trojans, nor warms, nor spam, nor spyware. They cannot open pop-up windows either.
Depending on the type of cookie, they are used for different purposes: remember access data (email and password) so the user does not have to introduce them in each webpage, remember the articles put in the cart or analyse the user’s navigation habits in order to customize the website content or track the user for statistical analysis.
What types of cookies exist?
Cookies can be classified according to 3 criteria: their purpose, their provenance or the time they remain active. Here we explain the different types of cookies the user can find on the internet, but they are not necessarily all the types of cookies we use in our domain.
Cookies according to their purposes
Regarding this criterion, there are:
- Technical cookies. The can be necessary for the correct functioning of the website or just functional to optimize its performance:
- Strictly necessary. These cookies are essential for you to browse the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the site or allow web shops to hold items in the cart while shopping online. While it is not required to obtain consent for these cookies, what they do and why they are necessary should be explained to the user.<br>
- Preferences and functional. These cookies allow a website to remember choices you have made in the past, like what language you prefer or what your user name and password are so you can automatically log in. Others enable certain functionalities, such as embedded content from other sites, like YouTube videos.
- Analytics or statistics. These cookies collect information about the use of a website, like the number of users or what pages where visited. None of this information can be used to identify the user. Their only purpose is to improve website functions. This may include third-party cookies from analytics services.
- Advertising or marketing cookies. These cookies track the user’s online activity to help advertisers deliver more relevant advertisements. They can share that information with other organizations or advertisers. These are persistent cookies and almost always of third-party provenance.
Cookies according to their provenance
Here, we can find two types:
- First-party cookies. Managed by the website which is being visited. This normally includes the technical cookies and the analytics.
- Third-party cookies. Enabled by other domains which are not being visited. These might appear when adding a plug-in such as a chatbot, social networks plug-ins or advertisements. Others might be for statistical analysis.
Cookies according to their duration
Again, we find two types:
- Session. These cookies are temporary and expire once browser is closed (or the session ends).
- Persistent. All cookies that remain on the browser until they are erased either by the user or by the browser when the due date arrives. Their duration vary, from 1 second to 10 year. There are some that last even more.
As most of the online services, vitamina3d.com uses first-party and third-party cookies for several purposes. First-party cookies are mostly necessary for the website to function the right way, and they do not collect any of your personally identifiable data.
The third-party cookies used on our website are mainly for understanding how the website performs, how you interact with our website, keeping our services secure, providing advertisements that are relevant to you, and all in all providing you with a better and improved user experience and help speed up your future interactions with our website.
What type of cookies do we use?
The cookies used in vitamina3d.com are:
- Essential: Some cookies are essential for you to be able to experience the full functionality of our site. They allow us to maintain user sessions and prevent any security threats. They do not collect or store any personal information. For example, these cookies allow you to log-in to your account and add products to your basket, and checkout securely.
- Statistics: These cookies store information like the number of visitors to the website, the number of unique visitors, which pages of the website have been visited, the source of the visit, etc. These data help us understand and analyse how well the website performs and where it needs improvement.
- Advertising: These cookies are used to personalize the advertisements that we show to the user so that they are meaningful. These cookies also help us keep track of the efficiency of these ad campaigns. The information stored in these cookies may also be used by the third-party ad providers to show you ads on other websites on the browser as well.
- Functional: These are the cookies that help certain non-essential functionalities on our website. These functionalities include embedding content like videos or sharing content of the website on social media platforms.
- Preferences: These cookies help us store your settings and browsing preferences like language preferences so that you have a better and efficient experience on future visits to the website.
List of cookies
The following table gathers all the cookies used in vitamina3d.com and their specifications. This content may not be exact at any time, as the cookies change as we add functionalities to our web. In any case, we update this table periodically to make it accurate.
|Name of the cookie||Function||Expiration||Type||Service||Domain|
|pll_language||To store language settings||1 year||Preferences||Polylang||vitamina3d.com|
|complianz_consent_status||To store cookies consent preferences||6 months||Functional||Complianz||vitamina3d.com|
|cmplz_stats||To store statistics cookies consent||6 months||Preferences||Complianz||vitamina3d.com|
|cmplz_marketing||To store marketing cookies consent||6 months||Preferences||Complianz||vitamina3d.com|
|_gid||To count and track page views||1 day||Analytics||Google Analytics||vitamina3d.com|
|_ga||To count and track page views||2 years||Analytics||Google Analytics||vitamina3d.com|
|_gat||To count and track page views||1 day||Analytics||Google Analytics||vitamina3d.com|
|rc::a||To differenciate between humans and robots||Persistent||Functional||ReCaptcha||google.com|
|rc::b||To differenciate between humans and robots||Session||Functional||ReCaptcha||google.com|
|rc::c||To differenciate between humans and robots||Session||Functional||ReCaptcha||google.com|
|tk_ai||To store a unique user ID||Session||Functional||WooCommerce||vitamina3d.com|
|wc_cart_hash_#||To store items in the shopping cart||Persistent||Functional||WooCommerce||vitamina3d.com|
|wc_fragments_#||To store the user login to avoid he/she login in again after the browser is closed||Session||Functional||WooCommerce||vitamina3d.com|
|comment_author_#||To store info of the user when leaving a comment so he/she does not have to re-type the info again to reply||2 days||Preferences||wpDiscuz||vitamina3d.com|
|comment_author_email_#||To store info of the user when leaving a comment so he/she does not have to re-type the info again to reply||2 days||Preferences||wpDiscuz||vitamina3d.com|
|comment_author_url_#||To store info of the user when leaving a comment so he/she does not have to re-type the info again to reply||2 days||Preferences||wpDiscuz||vitamina3d.com|
|wpdiscuz_last_visit||Highlight last comment in a different colour||2 days||Preferences||wpDiscuz||vitamina3d.com|
Here, the user can revoke and manage the cookies consent. If the user has already accepted cookies and want to revoke consent, he/she can click this button to do so. If the user clicks again, the banner will appear to manage the consent.Current status: AcceptedCurrent status: Denied
The user can modify the cookies settings at any time, choosing to block them all or just some of them. However, we recommened to do it from the browser settings too, since the third-party cookies may not disappear after they are installed once. You can check out how to do it in some of them here:
In the desktop version of this website, the consent can be also managed from a small pop-up button in the lower-right area of your screen.
Furthermore, we cannot be responsible for the correct functioning of the browsers in which the cookies are stored and handled.
It is necessary to install cookies in order to make the browser to remember the user’s choice about his/her acceptance of the cookies. In addition, another cookie may be installed to store the user’s language preference (pll_language). Any of those cookies store any type of personal data.
Regarding the cookies from Google Analytics, Google stores them in servers located at the USA and it is committed not to share those data with third parties, unless it is strictly necessary for the functioning of the system or the law requires it. The IP address is hidden and the statistical data provided by Analytics can only be seen by us: we do not share them with any third-party.
For any issue regarding privacy or cookies, you can contact us here: email@example.com.